History of Auglaize County
In 1858 the Dayton and Michigan Railroad crossed the centre of the county from north to south, passing through Wapakoneta, the county seat. Upon its line sprang up Cridersville, a small village near the Allen County boundary.
In 1877 the Lake Erie and Western extended its line to Minster via St. Marys and New Bremen. This road also extends westward from St. Marys into Indiana. Upon the road within the county have sprung up the villages of Buckland in Logan and Glynnwood in Moulton township.
The county has thus the commercial advantages of two railroads and the canal.
At this writing the prospect of securing the New York, Pennsylvania, and Ohio Railroad across the county from east to west via Wapakoneta and St. Marys is very promising, and by a little effort it appears the citizens may secure this road in the very near future.
From "History of Auglaize County, Ohio, with the Indian History of Wapakoneta, and the First Settlement of the County", Robert Sutton, Publishers, Wapakoneta, 1880