History of Auglaize County
This township lies on south side of the county, bordering on Shelby County. Its surface is somewhat rolling, being broken by Pusheta Creek, although the general surface is level.
The only significant stream is Pusheta Creek, bearing the name of one of the Indian chiefs, who lived upon its banks.
The soil is exceedingly fertile, and the whole section comparatively well improved. Schools and churches dot the surface here and there, and bespeak educational and religious facilities for all who seek these advantages. The inhabitants are largely of German stock, and are energetic and industrious. Freyburg is the only village and post-office, and contains one hotel, one physician, two stores, one blacksmith shop, one shoe shop, one school, and one church.
From "History of Auglaize County, Ohio, with the Indian History of Wapakoneta, and the First Settlement of the County", Robert Sutton, Publishers, Wapakoneta, 1880