History of Auglaize County
Logan Township—Public Roads.
As late as 1855 the roads were few and very poor. The old Defiance road was the first, and the balance were all "hoop pole" roads. New ones have now been located all over the township, and much improvement is making upon them. Several wooden bridges were constructed over the river since 1855, but they are being replaced by permanent iron bridges of a superior character. The territory is crossed by the Lake Erie and Western Railroad, which affords a station at Buckland, a village of recent growth, containing some twenty houses, a general store, grocery, drug store, one physician, W. K. Sharp, M.D., blacksmith shop, carriage shop, shoe shop, saw-mill, warehouse, telegraph and post-office. Considerable business is done in grain by W. Bodkins & Son.
From "History of Auglaize County, Ohio, with the Indian History of Wapakoneta, and the First Settlement of the County", Robert Sutton, Publishers, Wapakoneta, 1880