History of Auglaize County
Evangelical Zion. In 1865 Rev. L. Richter, pastor of St. Peter's congregation, resigned his charge and organized the Evangelical Zion congregation. At a meeting, held April 3, 1865, it was resolved to build a church, and in April of the following year it was determined to build a school-house in connection with the church. These buildings were accordingly erected, and are now occupied. Rev. Richter resigned April, 1868. Rev. A. Eisenhauer was elected pastor, but resigned November, 1870, and was succeeded by his predecessor. Again in 1873 Rev. Richter resigned, and Rev. William Dickman was elected his successor. On Aug. 6, 1873, the Evangelical Zion congregation was incorporated as the German Evangelical Reformed Zion Congregation, Heidelberg Synod of the Northwest. The communicants number eighty at present writing, and Rev. William Dickman is pastor.
From "History of Auglaize County, Ohio, with the Indian History of Wapakoneta, and the First Settlement of the County", Robert Sutton, Publishers, Wapakoneta, 1880